Download The Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine 5E
The article is excerpted from Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine.
Disease/disorder articles typically cover definition; description; causes and symptoms; diagnosis; treatments; prevention; and more. Test/treatment articles typically cover definition; purposes; precautions; preparation; risks; normal and abnormal results; and much more. This second edition includes more than 200 new entries, 300 updated entries, approximately 650 color images and illustrations, and a comprehensive subject index. New features include biographical and historical sidebars throughout the text.
- Definitions — brief dictionary-style definition of the disorder
- Descriptions — overview of the disorder; who gets it and why
- Causes & symptoms — process, substance or organism that produces the condition; any risk factors that increase susceptibility to the condition; signs and symptoms of the disease
- Diagnosis — overview of procedures and tests used to diagnose the condition; how the test is done; who should be tested and when; time required; cost; whether it’s typically covered by insurance
- Treatments — overview of conventional methods of care or management of the condition, such as drugs, surgeries, physical therapy, etc.
- Alternative treatments — overview of alternative/complementary therapies that may be used to treat the condition
- Prognosis — probable outcome of the disease
- Preventions — what actions can be taken to prevent the condition from occurring
- Definitions — brief dictionary-style definition of the test/treatment
- Purposes — why and when this test/treatment is prescribed
- Precautions — when this test/treatment should not be prescribed
- Descriptions — overview of the test/treatment including cost, length of time required, procedures followed, whether typically covered by insurance
- Preparation — pre-test treatment procedures, if any
- Aftercare — post-test treatment procedures, if any
- Risks — any complications/side effects commonly associated with the test/treatment
- Normal results — for tests, describes the normal values; for treatments, describes the anticipated outcomes
- Abnormal results — defines abnormal test values
Download The Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine 5E:
“We do not own the copyrights of these books. We are sharing our copies of these books with our blog reader’s so download it at your own risk. And if someone with copyrights wants us to remove these books, he/she can contact us from our contact page, we will remove the links”.