This paper of FCPS Part 1 Surgery & Allied is shared by Dr Khalid Khan. Hopefully it will be of great help for you people.
1. Gas gangrene. Cause of death?
2. Extent to which a tissue gets disturbed by occlusion of its blood supply depends on
A. Velocity of blood in tissue
B. anatomical pattern of vascular supply
C. General state of blood
D. Don’t remember other options
E. Rate of development of thrombosis
3. Not a feature of malnutrition in adults?
4. Apex of the heart:
A. 8 cm from median plane
B. 3RD intercostal space
5. True about Osteogenesis
A. All cartilage changes to bone
B. Clavicle ossifies in cartilage
C. Intramembranous bones ossify from cartilage
6. A 15 years old girl with fixed dilated pupils. Lesion is at?
A. Oculomotor nerve
B. Trochlear nerve
C. Facial nerve
7. A tumor with all germ layers:
B. Mixed mesodermal tumor
8. Following has high clearance value:
9. Scanty bar bodies:
10. Organelle have microtubules in its structure:
A. Golgi apparatus
B . Mitochondia
11. S1 nerve root lesion:
A. Ankle jerk
B. Loss of sensation of sole and medial side of foot
C. Trophic ulcer of dorsum of foot
D. Babnisk positive
E. Plantar flexion
12. Mucus not secreted by:
C. Terminal bronchioles
13. A man of 70 has recurrent UTI cause (No clue was mentioned regarding bedridden):
B. Outflow Obstruction
14. Plasma Protein Binds With All Except:
D. Bilirubin E. Thyroxin
15. Patient presented in emergency ,deeply comatosed,not responding to nalaxone:
16. Highest bioavailability of anti emetics:
17. X.ray of elbow of 12 yr girl, which Secondary ossification center will appear last on x.ray:
B. Lateral Epicondyle
D. Medial Epicondyle
18. Pregnant lady anaemic, Best lab investigation:
B. S. ferritin
19. HIGHEST % OF PROTEIN IN WHICH:
20. Open wound healing includes:
A. Contraction of myofibroblasts
21. Most common S/E of use of histamine 1 blocker:
A. Blurred vision
22. Decrease Insulin will:
A. Ketogenesis in Liver
B. Increase activity of Lipoprotein Lipase
23. An obese man with h/o atherosclerosis underwent laparotomy due bleeding in abd n during surgery his small gut was purple n sup mesenteric vein was ok so what is dx
A. Wet gangrene
B. Dry gangrene
24. First heard sound:
a) Atrial systole
b) Isovlumic contraction
c) Isovolumic relaxation
d) Rapid ejection
25. A patient came with c/o Homonymus hemianopia so a blockage was seen at:
A. Optic nerve
B. Upper part of optic chiasma
C. Lower part of optic chiasma
D. Post medulla Oblangata
26. Man With Weakness And Dysphagia, Blood Profile With Target Cells:
A. Iron Deficiency Anemia
27. Tetanic Contractions….cause?
28. Antioxidant Vitamin:
29. Which of the following does not increase in stress for surgery:
30. Patient with Gastrectomy presents with Anemia after One and half year, what will you give:
A. Vit B12
B. Vit C
D. Blood transfusion
31. Data is collected for some clinical trial based on presence or absence of Vomiting. What type of data it is:
32. Aphasia (Non-fluent) after stroke or Trauma which area of Brain is involved:
B. Wernickes (if fluent aphasia was in stem)
C. Temporal region
D. Pyrimidal gyrus
33. What cytoskeletal structure connects Extracellular matrix to Intracellular:
C. Intermediate Filaments
34. Wich Antiemetic has high bioavailability:
35. Cardiac defects in fetus of mother suffering from rubella infection will occur if:
A. 3 rd month
B. 4 th month
C. 5 th to 10th week
D. 7 th month.
36. Downs Syndrome:
A. Increase incidence with increasing mother age
B. Extra chromosome
37. Pulmonary vasoconstruction occurs due to:
A. Raised PCO2
B. Reduced systemic PO2
C. Reduced pH
38. Most imp buffer in blood:
A. HCO3 (most imp is HCO3 anywhere)
39. Which vitamin act as cofactor in oxidation of fatty acids:
B. Vit B1
C. Vit C
40. Oxytocin and vasopressin originated from:
B. Adrenal medulla
41. Lesion of the optic tract produces
A. bitemporal hemianopia
B. homonymous hemi anopia
42. Cricoid cartilage
A. Forms incomplete circle
B. Attached to laryngeal folds
C. Attached to Thyroid gland
43. About thyroid gland?
A. recurrent laryngeal nerve lies anterior to thyroid isthmus
B. it moves with deglutition due to attachment with prevertebral fascia
C. Drains into deep cervical L Nodes
44. Sympathetic have which neurotransmitters at all postganglionic ends?
45. Parasympathetic stimulation causes
A. decreased heart rate
B. Viscous saliva in mouth
46. Which tumour is least invasive
B. basal cell carcinoma
47. Scenario of Down’s syndrome
A. Trisomy 21
B. Trisomy 23
C. Trisomy 18
D. Trisomy 13
48. Ankylosing spondylitis is associated with
A HLA DR 4
B HLA B27
49. HLA B27 associated disease?
A. Reiter’s Syndrome
50. Essential fatty acid?
A. Linoleic Acid
51. In emergency situations
A. Doctor should provide psychological support to patient and the family
B. Family should not be allowed inside
52. Pregnant lady with bile duct obstruction. Diagnostic investigation?
D. Alkaline phosphatase
53. Female with fever for 10 days and chest pain that aggravates on lying down. Pain is originated at?
54. A patient has nodule on vocal cord. The most likely mechanism? A. Hyperplasia
55. Edema of acute infection. Feature
B. Specific gravity of 1020
C. Proteins >3gm
56. 6 years old patient presents with rhinitis, edema and urticaria on external surfaces
A. Type I hypersensitivity
B. Type II hypersensitivity
C. Type III hypersensitivity
D. Type IV hypersensitivity
57. Resting membrane potential is achieved by: (it was not maintained by)
A. Diffusion of potassium outside the cell
B.Na K pump
C. is same for all types of cell
58. Immediate effects of severe hypotension?
B. Cerebral hemorrhage
59. Vein not draining to great cerebral vein?
C. Middle cerebral
D. Posterior colossal
60. The specific feature of Apoptosis
A. cell shrinking
D. cell swelling
61. Occulomotor nerve supplies
A. all exta ocular muscles
B cilliary ganglion
C cilliary muscle only
62. Muscle is stretched. Relaxation will occur due to:
A. muscle spindle
B. golgi tendon organ
63. Tension in muscle
A. muscle spindle
B. golgi tendon organ
64. Cardiac out put depends on
A: venous return
C: stroke vol
65. FRC is sum of
A. vital capacity plus tidal vol
B. vital capacity plus exp reserve vol
C. residual vol plus resp capacity
D. can b measured on spiromrtry
E. Gases in lungs after tidal volume
A. increases with vasoconstriction of afferent arterioles
B. increases with vasoconstriction of efferent arterioles
67. Quadrate lobe?
A. functionally part of right lobe
B. drains into left hepatic duct
C. lies between inferior vena cava and ligamentum venosum.
68. Intrinsic pathway is activated by
A. contact of tissue collagen when it comes in contact
B. factor X
69. Which is not a ‘basic tissue of body’?
E: connective tissue
70. Transfusion reaction will occur if we transfuse a person with A+ve blood group, the following group
71. Epidural space is widest at?
C. Just below foramen Magnum
73. Commonest cause of hepatocellular carcinoma in developing countries?
B. Hepatitis B
C. Hepatitis C
D. Both Hepatitis B & C
74. Connections that connect cells; with movement of ions across
A. Gap junctions
B. Tight junctions
75. At high altitudes, O2 is delivered to tissues because of?
A. Decreased temperature
C. High pH
D. Right shift of O2 hemoglobin dissociation curve
76. Patient is pregnant and suddenly faints due to loss of blood. She’ll be positioned in left lateral and not right lateral to avoid compression to which abdominal structure:
77. What is median if values are 20 20 25 30 35 40 25 30:
78. About Pitutary gland?
A. Foregut derivative
B. Lies posterior to Optic chiasma
C. Venous drainage into cavernous sinus
79. Which spreads via orofaecal route?
A. Hepatits C
B. Hepatitis E
80. ADH is inhibited by:
81. Post op wound having greenish pus discharge organism involved:
A. Staph Aureus
C. Streptoccocus Viridans
82. Recurrent Oral ulcers
83. Steroids drug action on cells:
A. Act on Genes
B. Adenyl cyclase
C. CGmp D. Ip3
84. Intestinal flora synthesize a vitamin which takes part in coagulation. Vitamin?
A. Vitamin C
B. Vitamin K
C. Vitamin D
85. Broder classification of tumor depends on?
A. Differentiation and mitosis
A. Actively involved in phagocytosis
B. Come in and out of vessels
87. C3b is involved in?
A. Early leucocyte action
88. Main regulator of coronary blood flow?
A. Ventricle systole
B. Cardiac output
C. Local metabolites
89. Anterior relations of left kidney; except?
C. Splenic flexure
90. End product of purine metabolism?
B. Uric acid
91. Plasmodium falciparum causes?
A. Black water fever
92. Regarding realtions of Basal ganglia
A. Internal capsule lies medial to globus pallidus
93. Size of head of embryo is about ½ of the CRL at the intraembryonic age of?
A. 3 months
B. 5 months C.
D. 9 months
Regards DrKhalid Khalid