Diseases and their relations to Face (Important Points)
1. Mask like facies = parkinsonism.
2. Elfin facies = william’s syndrome.
3. Moon facies = cushing’s syndrome.
4. Snarling facies = myasthenia gravis.
5. Mitral facies = mitral stenosis.
6. Ashen grey facies = myocardial infarction.
7. Mouse facies = chronic renal failure (crf)
8. Adenoid facies = adenoid hypertrophy.
9. Leonine facies = lepromatous leprosy .
10. Bird facies = pierre robin syndrome.
11. Mongoloid facies = down’s syndrome.
12. Coarse facies = most of the inborn errors
of metabolism (iem) viz. The muco-
polysaccharidoses (mps), mucolipidoses (ml),
generalised gangliosidosis(gml ) and austin’s variant of
metachromatic leukodystrophy due to multiple sulfatase
(mld-msd) have similar
13. Syphilitic facies = congenital syphilis
( bull dog
14. Hatchet facies = myotonica atropathica
15. Guerilla like face = acromegaly
16. Bovine facies or cow face = cranio
dysostosis or crouzons syndrome
17. Marshall halls facies = hydrocephalus
18. Frog face = intra nasal disease
19. Bird facies = (Pierre Robin Malformation)
20. Chipmunk facies = ( Untreated β
major, Bullimia nervosa, Parotid sweling.
21. Leonine facies = (Lepromatous Leprosy)
22. Adenoid facies = (Adenoid hypertrophy)
23. Torpid or Myxedematous facies =
24. Mask like or Parkinsonian facies =
25. Acromegalic facies = (Acromegaly)
26. Cushingoid facies = (Cushing syndrome)
27. Gargoyle facies = (Hurler syndrome)