Image Source: www.aku.edu/events
ANNUAL EMERGENCY MEDICINE CONFERENCE
• THE AGA KHAN UNIVERSITY
4th Annual Emergency Medicine Conference 2015 “Integrating Clinical Care & Public Health in Emergency Medicine”
September 15-16, 2015 I 09:00 am to 05:00 pm I AKU Auditorium
The Aga Ohm University Department of Continuing Professional Education is accredited by the Pakistan Medical & Dental Council (PMDC) and the American Association of Continuing Mechcal Education (AACNIE) to provide continuing medical education. The Aga Khan University Department of Continuing Professional Education designates this live educational activity for a nminnun of 10.00 AACME Category I Credit(s). Each participant should only claim those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
Objectives: • To highlight innovations in clinical emergency medicine • To discuss the role of emergency medicine in promoting public health
• Development of pre-hospital emergency care in Singapore. Dr Marcus Ong (Director of Research, Clinician Scientist, Singapore General Hospital).
• Point of care tests in suspected sepsis: do they live up to expectation? Dr Nick Brown (Consultant Paediatrician, Salisbury Hospital, UK; Global Child Health Editor for Archives of Disease in Childhood).
• Improving patient flow and reducing emergency department overcrowding. Dr Christien Van Der Linden (Clinical Epidemiologist, Emergency Department, Medical Center Haaglanden, Netherlands).
• Public health and emergency medicine: a symbiotic relationship. Dr Adnan A. Hyder (Professor and Associate Chair, Department of International Health; Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health).
• Improving patient outcomes in emergency medicine — key system and clinical interventions. Dr Junaid A. Razzak (Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine).
• Standardized indicators of violence against women in Pakistan. Dr Yasmin Zeidi (Director, Center for Gender and Policy Studies, Islamabad).
• Special panel session on the recent heat stroke in Karachi and its aftermath. Representatives from: Public and private hospitals, Aman Foundation, Meteorological Department Karachi, Infrastructure and Urbanization Department of NED University, Pakistan Disaster Management Authority.
Pre-Conference Workshops (September 14, 2015)
TEAM STEPPS – team strategy & tool to enhance performance and patient safety
S. No 1
Setting up trauma registries – from theory to practice
09:00 am to 01:30 pm
09:00 am to 01:00 pin
09:00 am to 05:00 pm
09:00 am to 02:00 pm
0900 am to 04:00 pm
Post-Conference Workshops (September 17, 2015)
Pre-hospital mass casualty manauement
09:00 am to 01:30 pm
Advanced pediatric emergency short course
08:00 soils 05:00 pm
Who should attend? Physicians. Medical students. Researchers, Public Health Professionals, Nurses, Policy Makers and Journalists
Registration details: Registration form is attached Registration fee Rs. 1200. for students Rs. 750
For further inforination: Conference Secretariat Aga Khan University Tel: +92 21 3486 4584: Fax: +92 21 3493 4294 Email: confsectaku.edu firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.aku.edu/events
Organised by Department of Emergency Medicine, Aga Khan University
In collaboration with Department of Continuing Professional Education, Aga Khan University. National Institute of Health, Johns Hopkins University and FOgaltV JHU-Pak hitemational Collaborative Tratuna and Iniury Research Training Program