30 years old Man loses seven teeth and had second degree burn after e-cigarette explodes in his face

An American man lost his seven teeth and is left with second degree burn after explosion of e-cigarette.

The 30-year-old car salesman shared photographs of his injuries from the intensive care unit of a hospital to warn other smokers how dangerous the electronic cigarettes can be.

It shattered into pieces in his mouth, knocking out his teeth and burning his face and neck along with smoke marks to the wall of his bathroom, where he was at the time.

Image result for e cigarette
Picture: Engadget
According to him,

‘Yesterday morning I was getting ready for work when I had something happen to me that I didn’t expect possible.

‘I Vape (I know, terrible and uncool) but I no longer do and I hope to possible sway those that do to maybe reevaluate or find other methods of smoking.

‘I’ve been doing this for about a year now and assure you I did not do anything I wasn’t supposed to (battery was in right, always had the shop put it together when I first bought it and add things and maintenance it the right way while taking their advice) but it exploded in my face.

‘I’ve lost at least 7 teeth, 2nd degree burns to face and neck and have been pulling chunks of plastic, teeth and foreign objects from mouth, throat and lips,’ he told Facebook friends.


PHOTO: ANDREW HALL FACEBOOK



It's been 4 days now since I went to the hospital. Been back since 3pm yesterday. Here is a photo from this morning (not photo shopped btw) as I'm pretty upset I have to shave my beard due to the burns on one side of my face. I can't say thank you enough for all the great things and good wishes and prayers I've been receiving from Facebook all around the world. Despite the negativity as well that obviously comes with the territory, I want to thank everyone again for the support and kind words. A lot of you have shared with me similar accidents and I hope you and your loved ones recover soon as well and don't have to experience anything like that again. Hopefully today I get to find out how soon I can get back to work and get some teeth back in my mouth as well.




PHOTO: ANDREW HALL FACEBOOK


PHOTO: ANDREW HALL FACEBOOK


PHOTO: ANDREW HALL FACEBOOK

Mr Hall, 30, said he was left with second degree burns and was put in intensive care after the incident on Saturday morning

It’s not clear which model Mr Hall was smoking. He claims he had it put together by staff at the vape store where he bought it.

He is not the first to suffer serious burns or facial injuries from exploding electronic cigarettes.

A similar incident occurred earlier last year when an e-cigarette exploded in a man’s face in New York causing serious injuries. In another incident, nightclub owner’s vaporizer exploded while he was standing outside, leaving him with second degree burns.

You can watch the video bellow:




This article originally appeared on Daily Mail.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *